Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become an Ardor Health school professional?
All you need to do is fill out our online application or call one of our recruiters at 866-425-5768. We will get you started in no time!

What are the current requirements for contract school-based professionals?

You will need a valid license in your school discipline and the states you want to work, a current BCLS (CPR) card, updated physical and vaccinations, recent clinical experience in a school environment and solid employment references.

Most schools do require a fingerprint background check.

How long is the typical contract school assignment?

Most Ardor Health contract school assignments range from 8 weeks to a full school year.

How many days is one school year assignment?

180 days (37 to 42 weeks)

Would schools offer temporary short assignments?

Yes. When there is a maternity or medical leave, schools are looking to offer anywhere from 8 to 13 week assignments.

What documentation is required to get a school job?

  • Applicants Resumes
  • Applicants References
  • Department of Education Certification (sometimes)

Ardor Health Solutions will provide the School District with the following information once a Healthcare Professional has been selected and a work order has been completed.

  • Applicants Medical Records
  • Applicants Current License
  • Applicants CPR Card
  • Criminal Background Check/ statement as to non-exclusion from federal/state
  • Fingerprint Clearance Card
  • FBI Criminal History Record
  • Drug Screen
  • Applicable Skills Checklists
  • Applicants References
  • Applicants Employment Evaluations
  • Immigration & Naturalization I-9
  • National Provider Identification

Would schools require candidates with school experience?

Most of the schools prefer therapists with school and pediatric experience.

What are the projected weekly working hours in a school district?

35 to 40 hrs per week

Would the schools consider Certified Therapy Assistants (COTA)?

Yes. Depending on the needs of the school.

Would schools consider CFY’s?

Yes. However there needs to be a SLP in the building, who hold a current CCC-SLP and whose certification is maintained throughout the entire CF to supervise the candidate.

Will the school provide the equipment and materials to be used to provide the therapy services?

Yes. Most of the schools will provide the equipment, however sometime they request for the therapists to have their own laptops.

Would the schools pay for mileage traveling between school campuses on the same day?

It depends on the school.

Would school candidates be paid during holiday, sick time or approved school vacation time?

No. The School District will not make payments for sick time or school approved holidays.

What can I expect from my recruiter?

At Ardor Health Solutions, we build lasting relationships with our school-based professionals. You recruiter will become your go-to person for decision making support, advice and career planning.
We have a dedicated RFP (Request for Proposal) team managing all school therapy needs.

Once I have accepted a school assignment, what happens next?

Once you have accepted a school assignment, your recruiter will confirm your start date, school, and salary. We will make all of our arrangements, including housing, if needed, well in advance of your arrival. We will send you a package with all the information you need to start your school assignment.

How soon after accepting a school assignment can I expect to start?

Your start date will vary from one assignment to the next because it is all based on the needs of the school. Your start date can range anywhere between 2-3 weeks.

Where are Ardor Health school professionals placed?

With Ardor Health, you can take a contract, temp-to-hire or permanent school position almost anywhere in the country. We have school jobs throughout the United States.

Do I need a license for each state in which I work?

In most cases yes, you must be licensed before you begin your school assignment. Your recruiter will assist you with the state’s licensure process.

Once I’m licensed in one state, how long does it take to get licensed in others?

It depends. Each state has different licensing regulations for professionals. One state may take one day while another may take several months. Your recruiter will assist you through the entire process.

How much money will I make with Ardor Health?

Your pay rate depends on many variables, such as your specialty and experience level, location, and school. However, Ardor Health Solutions offers all school-based professionals a competitive salary with a package specifically dedicated to your needs.

How will I get paid?

Ardor Health has a weekly pay system, so you can expect a check every Friday during your assignment. You also can take advantage of our direct deposit program.

What happens once my school assignment is complete?

If the school requests an extension of your assignment, and you want to stay, you can continue for as long as you would like. Otherwise, you can choose to work with your recruiter to find a new position.