Preparing For The New School Year As A Traveling Therapist
School may be out for the summer, but it’s never too early to start planning your next school travel assignment for the 2016-2017 School Year! When you travel with Ardor Health, life is made a lot easier, that’s why we’ve compiled a list of important tips to get you ready for your next travel assignment!
Ardor Health has a Licensure Department to ensure that our candidates are completing the right applications and following the correct process. Our Department provides guidance to the therapists for all license applications, credentials, teaching certifications, and trainings required for State Boards and Department of Education Certifications. Let us worry about
- Once you decide where you’re going to travel, it’s important to contact the appropriate state board that governs your practice.
- Familiarize yourself with all the state mandates for licensure – this includes tests of laws and rules, fingerprinting, continuing education requirements and education verification.
- Make sure you understand how long the licensure process is. The state board website may not be accurate, so you may need to give them a call!
- Licensure may take 4-10 weeks to process. Some states will also require additional teaching certifications. Some states may not let you apply for the license and teaching certification simultaneously. You will have to be approved for the license in order to apply for the teacher certification.
- Following up on your licensure is key! Follow up constantly until you’re granted the license!
- Some schools may allow you to start your assignment with the teaching certification process pending, as long you have the license and cleared fingerprints.
There’s plenty to do before starting your next assignment!
No matter the specialty, there are plenty of states that would be amazing travel locations. So where would you like to travel next? These 17 states are the top places to travel for the 2016-2017 school year!
Of course, Ardor Health Solutions has positions in all 50 states, these are just a few states that we think you may want to consider traveling to this year. Still interested in traveling to another state? No problem! We’ve got a job for you!
The School Traveler Road Map:
Are you thinking about starting a new contract in a school position?
Give yourself a head start by preparing for the new school year!